The 15 Worst Compliments You Can Give a Mom
1. “It’s so nice that you’re not paranoid about your kids being exposed to germs!”
2. “I can’t get over how much your daughter looks like you! Just look at those chubby little cheeks and legs! She’s too cute.”
3. “You found a great sitter! I hope you don’t mind I hired her for the next three weekends.”
4. “She has the prettiest hair. Where does that come from?”
5. “You’re handling the divorce so well. You’d hardly know your kids were so upset about it.”
6. “You look great! Have you lost weight?”
7. “You look great, considering you have three kids under five.”
8. “You obviously feed your child very well.”
9. “Your son is so independent! It must be because you’re so…devoted…to your job.”
10. “Your daughter has such pretty curls. I can see why you never brush her hair.”
11. “You’re amazing. I could never be away from my baby all day.”
12. “Your little boy seems to know quite a lot—it must be because you let him watch so much TV.”
13. “Your child is gorgeous! She looks just like her father.”
14. “What a lovely dress—did you make it?”
15. “You’re amazing. I could never be patient enough for the slow pace of staying at home.”
Introducing a new relationship to your children
One in three people in the UK is now a step-parent, step-sibling or step-child, meaning many of us will experience blending our families at some point in our lives.
Steak and cheese piePopular throughout Australia and New Zealand, the meat pie is considered iconic.
How can I get my child to come when I called?I always have to call my child repeatedly before he'll respond.
Salisbury Steak with Roasted-Garlic MashIngredients 2 heads garlic, halved crosswise 6 yellow potatoes, peeled and quartered 1 small onion, finely chopped 2 garlic cloves, minced 1 egg, beaten 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce 3/4 tsp salt, divided 1/2 cup store-bought dry bread crumbs 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley, optional 1 500-g pkg lean ground beef 1/4 cup butter, divided 2 tbsp all-purpose flour 1 1/2 cups beef broth 2/3 cup 35% cream Directions Preheat oven to 450F.
Choosing a legal guardian for your childrenUp there with the most awful thoughts that you can have as a parent is not being there to raise your own children.
10 ways to keep under fives activeGovernment guidelines released earlier this week suggest that toddlers under five should be getting at least three hours of exercise every day.
Picking a Pre-SchoolWhat to look for when choosing a pre-school.