Squishy bug sandwich
Squishy bug tuna sandwich
Kids turning their noses up at boring sandwiches? They’re sure to find their lunch far more appealing if you make them ‘bug’ sandwiches with this fun, easy recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 15g Flora Light
- 1 round sandwich pitta
- 1/2 can of tuna
- 20g low fat mayonnaise
- 2 cherry tomatoes
- 50g cucumber
- 3 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 5g cheese slice
- Cream cheese and cress to decorate
1. Using an oval shaped cookie cutter, cut three bug shapes from the pitta bread and separate the top and bottom layers.
2. Mix together the tuna and mayonnaise and use to fill the pitta bugs, before placing the top layer back on.
3. Spread thin layers of Flora Light and cream cheese over the top of each pitta shape and stick a lettuce leaf in place at one end. Use clean scissors to trim the lettuce to the shape of the bread.
4. From the leftover pitta, use the scissors to cut six wings in a leaf shape and place two on the back of each bug.
5. Slice the cucumber lengthways into six strips and then cut a smaller leaf shape from each piece and place on top of the pitta wings.
6. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and place a half on the end of each bug for the head.
7. Finish the face by using two small dots of cream cheese and cucumber for the eyes and make a smile made using cream cheese as well. Use a sharp skewer or fork to make two small holes in the tomato and insert sprigs of cress for antennae.
Gingerbread PancakesOne week ago today most families across America were gathering with friends and family to enjoy a bountiful Thanksgiving meal.
Working Mother’s Fitness TipsWorking mothers have a lot to do.
The evolution of marriage: Why change is OKThe only constant in life is change.
How to cheat-proof your marriageIn my last column I wrote about life after infidelity — when and how you can put the pieces back together after cheating shatters your relationship.
Child Care Providers Need TrainingWhy ongoing child care provider training makes for a better pre-school.
Weird post pregnancy body changes you might not expectEver had a 'phantom kick' when you're not pregnant any more, or did you find your bath full of hair after giving birth?