- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- icing sugar
- orange slice, cut into triangular segments
- pretzel sticks
- cocoa powder
- Cook bacon in a large non-stick frying pan over medium until brown and cooked through, but not crisp, 2 to 3 min per side. Remove to a paper-towel-lined plate. Discard fat and wipe pan clean with a paper towel.
- Whisk flour with sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk egg with milk, butter and vanilla in another bowl. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture until just blended. The batter will be lumpy, do not overmix.
- Spray same pan lightly with oil and set over medium. Scoop 1/4 cup batter into pan. Pancake will be about a 4-in. wide circle. Add more pancakes if it fits in pan. Cook until bubbles form on the top of each pancake and edges begin to brown, 2 to 4 min. Flip and continue cooking until bottoms of pancakes become golden, 1 to 2 more min. Don’t press down. Once you have made 6 pancakes, switch to 2 tbsp batter. Each pancake will be about a 2-1/2-in. wide circle. Make 6 small pancakes. You should have 12 pancakes in total.
- Lay a small pancake above a large one on each plate. Dust with icing sugar. Place a bacon strip between pancakes for the scarf. Use blueberries for eyes and buttons, and an orange segment slice for the nose. Use pretzel sticks for the arms. Cut banana to fit snowmens’ heads for hats. Dust hats with cocoa powder on a separate plate and then carefully transfer to snowmen.
Unpopular KidsHelp children improve negative behavior patterns before they become social outcasts.
Spring forward: How to adjust your baby’s sleep scheduleThis Sunday March 8 at 2 a.m., we move our clocks forward one hour.
Playing FairUsing Title IX to ensure your daughter has equal opportunities in school sports.
Fathers and Sons=School SuccessLearn why a father's involvement in a boy's life is a major factor in his success.
Salmon goujonsThese generous fingers of chunky pink salmon in a crunchy lime infused coating make a refreshing change from the stingy shop bought sort.
Silent StudentsUnderstand why some students are silent in class and how to encourage them to speak up.