These generous fingers of chunky pink salmon in a crunchy lime infused coating make a refreshing change from the stingy shop bought sort.
It’s always worth the little bit of extra effort involved with making your own fish fingers. It’s not a time thing – as they only take 10 minutes to put together – it’s more the fact that you’ll get in a mess! But you’ll be rewarded with a super tasty tea time treat that both kids and adults will love.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
2 boneless salmon fillets
80g panko breadcrumbs
2 limes, zest only
3 tbsp mayonnaise
1. Pre-heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7 and line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
2. Prepare the salmon fillets by peeling off the skin and then cutting each fillet into four equally sized fingers.
3. Pour the breadcrumbs into a shallow dish and mix with the zest of one of the limes.
4. Spoon the mayo into another shallow dish and mix with the zest of the remaining lime.
5. Dip each salmon finger into the lime mayo, rolling it around until well coated. Then roll it in the dish of breadcrumbs.
6. Once evenly coated place on the prepared baking sheet, and repeat with the rest of the salmon fingers.
7. Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins until golden and serve with salad or steamed greens and baby new potatoes.
Cook’s tip: For a further hit of lime, mix the zest of a lime with a big dollop of mayo and serve in a dish on the side.
Drinking in pregnancy: 'Half a glass of wine damages unborn baby'Experts have told pregnant women they shouldn't drink ANY alcohol after a study found that just half a glass of wine can stop their baby breathing and moving for up to two hours.
Computers are turning kids into 'weaklings'A new study has revealed we are producing a 'generation of weaklings' thanks to the time kids spend on their computers and games consoles.
Is Your Child Over Scheduled?There's a lot of research and opinions, but how do YOU find the right balance for your child and your family?
First YearWard's Video just made it into YouTube's '10 Years of YouTube' compilation celebrating YouTube's 10th anniversary!
How to Help Your Kids With HomeworkThe nagging, the battles, the lost papers—do you dread school work as much as the kids do?
When your child hates school !My daughter says she hates school.