These generous fingers of chunky pink salmon in a crunchy lime infused coating make a refreshing change from the stingy shop bought sort.
It’s always worth the little bit of extra effort involved with making your own fish fingers. It’s not a time thing – as they only take 10 minutes to put together – it’s more the fact that you’ll get in a mess! But you’ll be rewarded with a super tasty tea time treat that both kids and adults will love.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
2 boneless salmon fillets
80g panko breadcrumbs
2 limes, zest only
3 tbsp mayonnaise
1. Pre-heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7 and line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
2. Prepare the salmon fillets by peeling off the skin and then cutting each fillet into four equally sized fingers.
3. Pour the breadcrumbs into a shallow dish and mix with the zest of one of the limes.
4. Spoon the mayo into another shallow dish and mix with the zest of the remaining lime.
5. Dip each salmon finger into the lime mayo, rolling it around until well coated. Then roll it in the dish of breadcrumbs.
6. Once evenly coated place on the prepared baking sheet, and repeat with the rest of the salmon fingers.
7. Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins until golden and serve with salad or steamed greens and baby new potatoes.
Cook’s tip: For a further hit of lime, mix the zest of a lime with a big dollop of mayo and serve in a dish on the side.
How to shape your eyebrows in 3 simple stepsWhat’s the big deal about brows?
Crazy Baby moving in BellyBaby moving in belly at 38 weeks
Cornish pastiesRegarded as the national dish of Cornwall and iconic to England, the pasty is right up there with all major British dishes.
Put it away! I've had a belly full of pregnant tums on display'My eyes...My eyes!
Why A Neuroscientist Would Study MeditationProfessor Willoughby Britton tells us that happiness is not about getting what you want.
How to Give Good DirectionsFind out the steps to giving good directions and how to handle times when your child does not follow your directions.