These generous fingers of chunky pink salmon in a crunchy lime infused coating make a refreshing change from the stingy shop bought sort.
It’s always worth the little bit of extra effort involved with making your own fish fingers. It’s not a time thing – as they only take 10 minutes to put together – it’s more the fact that you’ll get in a mess! But you’ll be rewarded with a super tasty tea time treat that both kids and adults will love.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
2 boneless salmon fillets
80g panko breadcrumbs
2 limes, zest only
3 tbsp mayonnaise
1. Pre-heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7 and line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
2. Prepare the salmon fillets by peeling off the skin and then cutting each fillet into four equally sized fingers.
3. Pour the breadcrumbs into a shallow dish and mix with the zest of one of the limes.
4. Spoon the mayo into another shallow dish and mix with the zest of the remaining lime.
5. Dip each salmon finger into the lime mayo, rolling it around until well coated. Then roll it in the dish of breadcrumbs.
6. Once evenly coated place on the prepared baking sheet, and repeat with the rest of the salmon fingers.
7. Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins until golden and serve with salad or steamed greens and baby new potatoes.
Cook’s tip: For a further hit of lime, mix the zest of a lime with a big dollop of mayo and serve in a dish on the side.
Lonely nights: sleeping in different rooms
“What are you going to tell Ben about this when he grows up?” my friend asks, horrified by our situation and the potential psychological damage it might inflict on our two-year-old son.
AIDS Education Part IIUnderstand the role friendship plays in AIDS prevention.
Real-Life Applications for LearningFor the past 10 years, Montpelier High School has seen the value of providing opportunities for students to participate in service activities.
How to cheat-proof your marriageIn my last column I wrote about life after infidelity — when and how you can put the pieces back together after cheating shatters your relationship.
Toffee apple cupcakeAn indulgent autumnal bake perfect for bonfire night parties, these spiced apple cupcakes are topped with lashings of toffee buttercream.
The Pros and Cons of Giving a Mobile Phone to a TeenagerMost teenagers own a mobile phone.
The Beauty BiasHow beauty influences attention and expectations in the classroom.