Lamb with garlic, lemon and rosemary
Roast lamb with garlic, lemon and rosemary
This recipe for roast lamb with garlic, lemon and rosemary is easy and utterly delish. It’s perfect for a gathering of friends or family. To ensure an extra taste sensation, it includes a simple stuffing made from Flora Buttery, breadcrumbs, onion, and celery, flavoured with lemon and rosemary.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- 55 g Flora Buttery
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 85g fresh white breadcrumbs
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- Ground black pepper
- 2tsp fresh rosemary, chopped, plus extra sprigs to garnish
- 1.8kg (4lb) leg of lamb, trimmed of excess fat
- 2 bulbs garlic, halves crossways
1. To make the stuffing melt 25g Flora in a pan, add the onion and celery and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft. Stir in the breadcrumbs, lemon rind, lemon juice, seasoning and chopped rosemary.
2. With a sharp knife, make several deep slashes and press in the stuffing. Weigh the joint.
3. Melt the remaining Flora and brush over the lamb.
4. Cook in a preheated oven at 190°C/170°C fan/gas mark 5 for about 20 minutes per 450g (1lb) plus 20 minutes extra. Baste the lamb several times during cooking and add the garlic for the final 30 minutes cooking.
5. Leave the cooked lamb to rest (covered) for about 15 minutes before carving (remember to trim off all visible fat). Serve garnished with rosemary sprigs.
The nitty gritty of home birth
I was overjoyed when I saw the news that the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) are now urging that low-risk pregnant women avoid hospital births, and that 45% of births are actually 'unsuitable' for labour wards.
Essential tips for do-it-yourself baby foodAt its easiest, homemade baby food is as simple as peeling a banana or slicing open a ripe avocado.
Pageant mums get makeovers to dress like their daughtersThe controversial mums of the Toddlers and Tiaras beauty queen kids have been given a taste of their own medicine - by being dressed in the garish garb they inflict on their daughters.
Three-year-old girl to parade in high heels and bikini in Britain's first baby beauty pageantHer eyes are big, blue and adorned with eyeshadow and mascara.
Raising Kind KidsGreater Good Science Center parenting expert Christine Carter explains how to foster kindness in kids--a key to their happiness.
6 Things Every Mom Should Do in 2015I know, it's halfway through January and already all of your New Year's resolutions are broken.
Healthy Foods On a BudgetA Simple Start You can make healthy choices as a family, one small step at a time.