Lamb with garlic, lemon and rosemary
Roast lamb with garlic, lemon and rosemary
This recipe for roast lamb with garlic, lemon and rosemary is easy and utterly delish. It’s perfect for a gathering of friends or family. To ensure an extra taste sensation, it includes a simple stuffing made from Flora Buttery, breadcrumbs, onion, and celery, flavoured with lemon and rosemary.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- 55 g Flora Buttery
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 85g fresh white breadcrumbs
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- Ground black pepper
- 2tsp fresh rosemary, chopped, plus extra sprigs to garnish
- 1.8kg (4lb) leg of lamb, trimmed of excess fat
- 2 bulbs garlic, halves crossways
1. To make the stuffing melt 25g Flora in a pan, add the onion and celery and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft. Stir in the breadcrumbs, lemon rind, lemon juice, seasoning and chopped rosemary.
2. With a sharp knife, make several deep slashes and press in the stuffing. Weigh the joint.
3. Melt the remaining Flora and brush over the lamb.
4. Cook in a preheated oven at 190°C/170°C fan/gas mark 5 for about 20 minutes per 450g (1lb) plus 20 minutes extra. Baste the lamb several times during cooking and add the garlic for the final 30 minutes cooking.
5. Leave the cooked lamb to rest (covered) for about 15 minutes before carving (remember to trim off all visible fat). Serve garnished with rosemary sprigs.
Bribery for GradesWhy bribing is only a temporary solution and tips to motivate kids to earn good grades.
Raising a Fit PreschoolerPreschoolers have a lot of energy, and they use it in a more organized way than when they were toddlers.
Why you should hug your partner right nowA few years ago, my partner and I went for couples counseling (well, dear reader, this is a sign of my unflagging devotion to you — it’s only column five and I’m already laying myself bare).
Ecology Starts at Home Part IITips to teach your children ecology at home.
How You Can Help Your Baby Develop a Secure AttachmentExperts will extol the virtues of your baby having a secure attachment, but what does this really mean?
Sleep solutions for all agesWhen Felicia Dewar’s son, Khrystian, was eight, he didn’t sleep.