Lamb with garlic, lemon and rosemary
Roast lamb with garlic, lemon and rosemary
This recipe for roast lamb with garlic, lemon and rosemary is easy and utterly delish. It’s perfect for a gathering of friends or family. To ensure an extra taste sensation, it includes a simple stuffing made from Flora Buttery, breadcrumbs, onion, and celery, flavoured with lemon and rosemary.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- 55 g Flora Buttery
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 85g fresh white breadcrumbs
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- Ground black pepper
- 2tsp fresh rosemary, chopped, plus extra sprigs to garnish
- 1.8kg (4lb) leg of lamb, trimmed of excess fat
- 2 bulbs garlic, halves crossways
1. To make the stuffing melt 25g Flora in a pan, add the onion and celery and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft. Stir in the breadcrumbs, lemon rind, lemon juice, seasoning and chopped rosemary.
2. With a sharp knife, make several deep slashes and press in the stuffing. Weigh the joint.
3. Melt the remaining Flora and brush over the lamb.
4. Cook in a preheated oven at 190°C/170°C fan/gas mark 5 for about 20 minutes per 450g (1lb) plus 20 minutes extra. Baste the lamb several times during cooking and add the garlic for the final 30 minutes cooking.
5. Leave the cooked lamb to rest (covered) for about 15 minutes before carving (remember to trim off all visible fat). Serve garnished with rosemary sprigs.
How to shape your eyebrows in 3 simple stepsWhat’s the big deal about brows?
Why moms love that new baby smellOh, the delicious scent of a new baby.
A Parent's Guide to HomeworkLearn why the right kind of homework increases student achievement.
Does marriage make you fat?Did you know that marriage can make you fat?
How to Talk to Your Kids About Stranger DangerTalking about this unpleasant subject can seem awkward at times.
Preparing Your Child for CollegeWhy waiting until high school to plan for college is a big mistake.