Lamb with garlic, lemon and rosemary
Roast lamb with garlic, lemon and rosemary
This recipe for roast lamb with garlic, lemon and rosemary is easy and utterly delish. It’s perfect for a gathering of friends or family. To ensure an extra taste sensation, it includes a simple stuffing made from Flora Buttery, breadcrumbs, onion, and celery, flavoured with lemon and rosemary.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- 55 g Flora Buttery
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 85g fresh white breadcrumbs
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- Ground black pepper
- 2tsp fresh rosemary, chopped, plus extra sprigs to garnish
- 1.8kg (4lb) leg of lamb, trimmed of excess fat
- 2 bulbs garlic, halves crossways
1. To make the stuffing melt 25g Flora in a pan, add the onion and celery and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft. Stir in the breadcrumbs, lemon rind, lemon juice, seasoning and chopped rosemary.
2. With a sharp knife, make several deep slashes and press in the stuffing. Weigh the joint.
3. Melt the remaining Flora and brush over the lamb.
4. Cook in a preheated oven at 190°C/170°C fan/gas mark 5 for about 20 minutes per 450g (1lb) plus 20 minutes extra. Baste the lamb several times during cooking and add the garlic for the final 30 minutes cooking.
5. Leave the cooked lamb to rest (covered) for about 15 minutes before carving (remember to trim off all visible fat). Serve garnished with rosemary sprigs.
Toffee apple cupcakeAn indulgent autumnal bake perfect for bonfire night parties, these spiced apple cupcakes are topped with lashings of toffee buttercream.
Sweet Strawberry & Rhubarb PieIn my opinion, baking for someone is just about one of the purest expressions of love out there.
Redheads Set the Bar for Summer Beauty TrendsOn Sunday's night episode of Mad Men, Megan's friend wonders aloud why everybody wants redheads, since anyone with a bottle of hair dye can buy herself a new personality as a sassy and feisty redhead.
Ecology Starts at Home Part IITips to teach your children ecology at home.
How to Give Good DirectionsFind out the steps to giving good directions and how to handle times when your child does not follow your directions.
Life After Low SAT ScoresCollege admission tests don't measure all indicators of college success.