Honey nut cereal bar recipe
These delicious bars are packed with nuts and fruit and are perfect for after school snacking.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time:30 minutes
- 100g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 200g porridge oats
- 100g sunflower seeds
- 50g sesame seeds
- 50g chopped walnuts
- 3tbsp honey
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 50g raisins
- 50g dried cherries
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3.
2. Grease and line the base of an 18 x 25cm baking tin. In a separate roasting tin, mix the oats, seeds and walnuts in a separate tray, then pop them in the oven for five to 10 minutes to toast.
3. Meanwhile, warm the butter, honey and sugar in a pan, stirring until the butter has melted and the sugar has mostly dissolved. Add the toasted oats, nuts and seeds, cinnamon, raisins and dried cherries, then mix until everything is completely coated.
4. Tip into the prepared tin, press down lightly, then bake for 30 minutes. Cool in the tin before cutting into 12 bars.
AIDS - Is Your Kid Still at Risk?
Risk factors for AIDS and what you need to teach your kids about prevention.
5 Parenting Tips For A Safe, Healthy HalloweenFive easy tips for parents to keep your kids safe while out trick or treating this Halloween.
10 Things Only Mothers of Boys Understand1.
Five Foods That Negatively Affect Your Child’s MoodParents intuitively know that food can impact their child’s behavior and mood.
Mothers and daughtersBy anyone’s reckoning, Jennifer Forbes* had a difficult childhood.
Weighing foodAlthough weighing out your food portions may seem like a hassle, it can be beneficial, especially if you are trying to lose weight or want to better control your blood sugar levels.
Relationships: Are they really…just friends?I met my husband, Peter, at my first gig out of universi ty.