Honey nut cereal bar recipe
These delicious bars are packed with nuts and fruit and are perfect for after school snacking.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time:30 minutes
- 100g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 200g porridge oats
- 100g sunflower seeds
- 50g sesame seeds
- 50g chopped walnuts
- 3tbsp honey
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 50g raisins
- 50g dried cherries
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3.
2. Grease and line the base of an 18 x 25cm baking tin. In a separate roasting tin, mix the oats, seeds and walnuts in a separate tray, then pop them in the oven for five to 10 minutes to toast.
3. Meanwhile, warm the butter, honey and sugar in a pan, stirring until the butter has melted and the sugar has mostly dissolved. Add the toasted oats, nuts and seeds, cinnamon, raisins and dried cherries, then mix until everything is completely coated.
4. Tip into the prepared tin, press down lightly, then bake for 30 minutes. Cool in the tin before cutting into 12 bars.
Should you get married for your kids?
Internet gossip sites have been awash with the rumour that A-listers Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are about to get married in an intimate ceremony at their chateau in France.
"Ruby's Studio: The Safety Show" Craft SegmentRuby's Studio: The Safety Show empowers kids to keep themselves safe by offering them helpful language and tools in an engaging and memorable way.
Music can help premature newborns sleepNew research suggests that playing music to premature babies helps them sleep better and improves their breathing.
HomeworkWhy parents should resist doing their child's homework.
Do Mixed - Age Classes Work?Discover why mixed-age grouping in classrooms can increase learning.
Should obese children be given gastric bands?A leading doctor says severely obese children should be given gastric bands to reduce their weight.
Self-Esteem and LearningHow children develop self-esteem and its importance in their lives.