Honey nut cereal bar recipe
These delicious bars are packed with nuts and fruit and are perfect for after school snacking.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time:30 minutes
- 100g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 200g porridge oats
- 100g sunflower seeds
- 50g sesame seeds
- 50g chopped walnuts
- 3tbsp honey
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 50g raisins
- 50g dried cherries
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3.
2. Grease and line the base of an 18 x 25cm baking tin. In a separate roasting tin, mix the oats, seeds and walnuts in a separate tray, then pop them in the oven for five to 10 minutes to toast.
3. Meanwhile, warm the butter, honey and sugar in a pan, stirring until the butter has melted and the sugar has mostly dissolved. Add the toasted oats, nuts and seeds, cinnamon, raisins and dried cherries, then mix until everything is completely coated.
4. Tip into the prepared tin, press down lightly, then bake for 30 minutes. Cool in the tin before cutting into 12 bars.
Time Management for KidsThe link between an understanding of time and organization.
Choosing Your Child's SchoolWhat to look for when choosing a new school.
Preparing Children for SchoolWilson McCaskill, talks about how to prepare children for school; the various things parents can institute at home to help build the social skills that children can benefit from in the school environment.
On Target HomeworkLearn how to use "on target" homework as an alternative to busy work.
Smoking during pregnancy: Conclusive proof smoking damages sons' fertilityWomen who smoke while pregnant and breastfeeding may be harming their chances of having grandchildren.
Baby body languagePulling legs up to tummy What does it mean?