Honey nut cereal bar recipe
These delicious bars are packed with nuts and fruit and are perfect for after school snacking.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time:30 minutes
- 100g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 200g porridge oats
- 100g sunflower seeds
- 50g sesame seeds
- 50g chopped walnuts
- 3tbsp honey
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 50g raisins
- 50g dried cherries
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3.
2. Grease and line the base of an 18 x 25cm baking tin. In a separate roasting tin, mix the oats, seeds and walnuts in a separate tray, then pop them in the oven for five to 10 minutes to toast.
3. Meanwhile, warm the butter, honey and sugar in a pan, stirring until the butter has melted and the sugar has mostly dissolved. Add the toasted oats, nuts and seeds, cinnamon, raisins and dried cherries, then mix until everything is completely coated.
4. Tip into the prepared tin, press down lightly, then bake for 30 minutes. Cool in the tin before cutting into 12 bars.
What Will They Think of Next?Beauty trends come and go.
Good Parenting by Role ModelingWhen raising children parents must choose to become good role models: children "learn to do as we do, not as we say".
How to crown a turkeyChristmas can be stressful enough without the worry of serving up dry as dust turkey on the big day.
How to take care of your relationship through infertilityFor many couples struggling to conceive, grief and anger can be constant companions.
Easy baby weaning recipesExperimenting with flavours and inventing recipes is all part of the fun when it comes to weaning your baby onto solid food.
6 ways to help your baby sleep through the nightWe’ve all felt envious—or annoyed—listening to that mom brag about how well her baby sleeps.