Honey nut cereal bar recipe
These delicious bars are packed with nuts and fruit and are perfect for after school snacking.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time:30 minutes
- 100g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 200g porridge oats
- 100g sunflower seeds
- 50g sesame seeds
- 50g chopped walnuts
- 3tbsp honey
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 50g raisins
- 50g dried cherries
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3.
2. Grease and line the base of an 18 x 25cm baking tin. In a separate roasting tin, mix the oats, seeds and walnuts in a separate tray, then pop them in the oven for five to 10 minutes to toast.
3. Meanwhile, warm the butter, honey and sugar in a pan, stirring until the butter has melted and the sugar has mostly dissolved. Add the toasted oats, nuts and seeds, cinnamon, raisins and dried cherries, then mix until everything is completely coated.
4. Tip into the prepared tin, press down lightly, then bake for 30 minutes. Cool in the tin before cutting into 12 bars.
How can I get my child to stop whining?My daughter is constantly whining at me!
Learning ResolutionsThe importance of making learning resolutions in your family.
Water retention in pregnancyBy the time you reach your third trimester, your bump will probably be starting to feel rather heavy.
Weird post pregnancy body changes you might not expectEver had a 'phantom kick' when you're not pregnant any more, or did you find your bath full of hair after giving birth?
Class Size - Just How Many StudentsWays to encourage your school to reduce class size.
How babies change your relationshipMake no mistake, first-time parenthood is a thrill.