Honey nut cereal bar recipe
These delicious bars are packed with nuts and fruit and are perfect for after school snacking.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time:30 minutes
- 100g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 200g porridge oats
- 100g sunflower seeds
- 50g sesame seeds
- 50g chopped walnuts
- 3tbsp honey
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 50g raisins
- 50g dried cherries
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3.
2. Grease and line the base of an 18 x 25cm baking tin. In a separate roasting tin, mix the oats, seeds and walnuts in a separate tray, then pop them in the oven for five to 10 minutes to toast.
3. Meanwhile, warm the butter, honey and sugar in a pan, stirring until the butter has melted and the sugar has mostly dissolved. Add the toasted oats, nuts and seeds, cinnamon, raisins and dried cherries, then mix until everything is completely coated.
4. Tip into the prepared tin, press down lightly, then bake for 30 minutes. Cool in the tin before cutting into 12 bars.
Online Math Games Balance Challenge with Mastery LearningGame designers at Mangahigh strive to find the perfect match between player skill and difficulty level in the standards-based teaching resources they build, and allow teachers to track student progress from within the games.
Solving Word ProblemsTechniques and strategies for solving math word problems.
Is Your Child Over Scheduled?There's a lot of research and opinions, but how do YOU find the right balance for your child and your family?
Music can help premature newborns sleepNew research suggests that playing music to premature babies helps them sleep better and improves their breathing.
Baby Swims Across PoolThis child (Elizabeth age 16 months) has been trained by a professional ISR instructor.
DIY Felt CampfireCombine sticks from the yard with yellow and orange felt squares to craft your very own DIY campfire!