Homemade Kindness Bar
A homemade version of Kind Bars. This recipe makes a healthy kids snack that is gluten-free and dairy free. Made with nuts, seeds, and dried fruit, this homemade version tastes better than the store-bought version for a fraction of the cost.
- 1 cup assorted raw or toasted nuts and seeds
- 1/2 cup crisp rice cereal or puffed millet and/or chopped dried fruit
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Generously spray a 6-inch square baking pan with non-stick spray. Cut a piece of baking parchment paper the same size of the base of the pan and line the pan with it. Generously spray the top of the baking sheet as well.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the nuts, cereal, and brown rice syrup until the nuts are evenly coated.
- Coat the back of a spatula with non-stick spray and press the mixture down firmly into the pan.
- Bake for twenty minutes. Remove the baking pan from the oven and place the entire pan on a wire rack. Allow the uncut Kindness Bars to cool for 20 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife along the outside of the bar and flip the pan over on to a cutting board.
- Cut into six bars.
- Allow the bars to completely cool before eating and storing.
- Leftover bars should be wrapped in foil and will be good for up to 1 week.
8 Parenting Tips For GodParenting is one of the most difficult jobs in the world but it's worth it.
New mom: I want to yank my hair out!A couple of weeks ago, I wrote a piece about jealousy and how I loved that my baby girl liked being in my arms best.
First YearWard's Video just made it into YouTube's '10 Years of YouTube' compilation celebrating YouTube's 10th anniversary!
How to survive a trial separation and revive a relationshipWhen my husband suggested – well, demanded, really – that we separate, I was shocked.
How can I stop my child's backtalking?My child talks back to me in such a disrespectful way it leaves me speechless.
4 Mistakes Parents Make When Talking to Their Children About SexThere are few things a parent dreads more than “the talk.” Talking about sex can be uncomfortable and embarrassing.