Chicken Alphabet Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 small boneless chicken breast filet, cut into tiny cubed pieces
- 1-32 ounces box chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 cup dried alphabet shaped pasta
- In a large soup pot, melt the butter on medium heat.
- Add the onion, celery, carrot, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper. Saute for 5 minutes until the onions are soft.
- Add the chicken and cook until it is opague. (Don’t worry if the chicken is not cooked through – it will fully cooked in the broth.)
- Pour the broth and bay leaf into the pot and bring it to boil.
- Add the pasta and cook for 7-8 minutes until the pasta is cooked al dente (soft but firm).
- Season with additional salt and pepper if necessary. Discard the bay leaf.
Should you top up breast milk with formula?A recent study claims that 'topping up' with a small amount of formula can increase the length of time babies are breastfed.
6 Little-Known Beauty Tips For Looking And Feeling Your BestNew year, same resolutions.
Steak and cheese piePopular throughout Australia and New Zealand, the meat pie is considered iconic.
How a TEDx Mission Connects Students to Real-World GoalsIn a 7th-grade classroom at Quest to Learn, health and wellness lessons are framed as broader "missions" to get students engaged with relevant topics in their community.
Motivation and LearningParents are the primary influence in their child's motivation to learn.
The cost of feeding your family healthy foodI know how much it costs to feed three kids.