Chicken Alphabet Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 small boneless chicken breast filet, cut into tiny cubed pieces
- 1-32 ounces box chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 cup dried alphabet shaped pasta
- In a large soup pot, melt the butter on medium heat.
- Add the onion, celery, carrot, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper. Saute for 5 minutes until the onions are soft.
- Add the chicken and cook until it is opague. (Don’t worry if the chicken is not cooked through – it will fully cooked in the broth.)
- Pour the broth and bay leaf into the pot and bring it to boil.
- Add the pasta and cook for 7-8 minutes until the pasta is cooked al dente (soft but firm).
- Season with additional salt and pepper if necessary. Discard the bay leaf.
Get fit while your baby's sleepingIt can seem well nigh impossible to make time for a workout when you're at home with babies and toddlers, but it's really worth making the effort.
The Importance of Estimation Part IITips to teach your child estimation at home through everyday tasks.
6 Easy Steps for Resolving ConflictRelationships are made up of two individuals with different temperaments and personalities.
Show Cartoons to Kids to Reduce the Pain of ShotsKids' doctor visits can be fun, right up to the point where the nurse or doc pulls out a hypodermic needle.
Invented Spellingow invented spelling allows children to experience writing on their own earlier.
Smacking ChildrenAnswer the question "is it appropriate to smack children?" Wilson talks about the wider implications, beyond the emotional damage, of smacking particularly in relation to schooling.