Chicken Alphabet Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 small boneless chicken breast filet, cut into tiny cubed pieces
- 1-32 ounces box chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 cup dried alphabet shaped pasta
- In a large soup pot, melt the butter on medium heat.
- Add the onion, celery, carrot, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper. Saute for 5 minutes until the onions are soft.
- Add the chicken and cook until it is opague. (Don’t worry if the chicken is not cooked through – it will fully cooked in the broth.)
- Pour the broth and bay leaf into the pot and bring it to boil.
- Add the pasta and cook for 7-8 minutes until the pasta is cooked al dente (soft but firm).
- Season with additional salt and pepper if necessary. Discard the bay leaf.
How to Use Discipline and Consequences
Learn about constructive, effective ways to use consequences and discipline to improve your child’s behavior.
Merry Christmas from the Holderness Family!Just so you know what we've been up to.
Ecology Starts at Home Part IUnderstand why students need action-oriented ecology lessons at home.
Why Kids HateHelpful tips to teach your kids tolerance.
AIDS Education Part IFind out how HIV/AIDS education might not give kids the information they need to protect themselves.
Chocolate and beetroot cakeChocolate and beetroot cake This devilishly dark chocolate cake contains a secret ingredient.
Spring forward: How to adjust your baby’s sleep scheduleThis Sunday March 8 at 2 a.m., we move our clocks forward one hour.