Chicken Alphabet Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 small boneless chicken breast filet, cut into tiny cubed pieces
- 1-32 ounces box chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 cup dried alphabet shaped pasta
- In a large soup pot, melt the butter on medium heat.
- Add the onion, celery, carrot, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper. Saute for 5 minutes until the onions are soft.
- Add the chicken and cook until it is opague. (Don’t worry if the chicken is not cooked through – it will fully cooked in the broth.)
- Pour the broth and bay leaf into the pot and bring it to boil.
- Add the pasta and cook for 7-8 minutes until the pasta is cooked al dente (soft but firm).
- Season with additional salt and pepper if necessary. Discard the bay leaf.
Children and Behavior - A Few TipsTips to encourage postitive behavior in kids.
Cranberry and orange Christmas biscuitsA perfect snack or Christmas gift.
Post-natal exercises you can do at homeTHE SQUAT: Holding your baby over your shoulder with both hands, stand with your feet hip width apart and have your shoulders above your hips.
Breastfeeding: Advice for new mumsIt can be a bit of an eye opener when, after years of lacy bras and push up contraptions, you have a baby and suddenly realise – properly realise – what your breasts are actually there for.
How can I get my child to come when I called?I always have to call my child repeatedly before he'll respond.
Geometry - Not Just for High SchoolWhy children learn geometry most effectively when it is part of their daily lives.