Chicken Alphabet Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 small boneless chicken breast filet, cut into tiny cubed pieces
- 1-32 ounces box chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 cup dried alphabet shaped pasta
- In a large soup pot, melt the butter on medium heat.
- Add the onion, celery, carrot, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper. Saute for 5 minutes until the onions are soft.
- Add the chicken and cook until it is opague. (Don’t worry if the chicken is not cooked through – it will fully cooked in the broth.)
- Pour the broth and bay leaf into the pot and bring it to boil.
- Add the pasta and cook for 7-8 minutes until the pasta is cooked al dente (soft but firm).
- Season with additional salt and pepper if necessary. Discard the bay leaf.
Post-natal exercises you can do at homeTHE SQUAT: Holding your baby over your shoulder with both hands, stand with your feet hip width apart and have your shoulders above your hips.
Thinking SkillsTips to help your child develop important critical thinking skills.
Mental Health and Teens: Five Danger Signs to Watch Out ForThe teenage years can be difficult ones.
Sippy Cup: Using Discipline and ConsequencesIt's all fun and games until the sippy cup hits the floor…for the hundredth time.
Kids' Birthday Party Registries Are a Thing NowSure, we all know to check the registry when you get that baby or bridal shower invite in the mail.
She Knows: Using Time-OutTime-out never seems to be effective for one mother, until she learns that her daughter is sneaking out during time-out.