Chicken Alphabet Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 small boneless chicken breast filet, cut into tiny cubed pieces
- 1-32 ounces box chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 cup dried alphabet shaped pasta
- In a large soup pot, melt the butter on medium heat.
- Add the onion, celery, carrot, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper. Saute for 5 minutes until the onions are soft.
- Add the chicken and cook until it is opague. (Don’t worry if the chicken is not cooked through – it will fully cooked in the broth.)
- Pour the broth and bay leaf into the pot and bring it to boil.
- Add the pasta and cook for 7-8 minutes until the pasta is cooked al dente (soft but firm).
- Season with additional salt and pepper if necessary. Discard the bay leaf.
Exercise during pregnancy could help baby's health
A new study has found that taking exercise during pregnancy could cut the chances of having an over-sized baby who could be prone to obesity later in life.
Music can help premature newborns sleepNew research suggests that playing music to premature babies helps them sleep better and improves their breathing.
5 good ways to argueWhen it comes to marital battles, my partner and I have had some doozies — the kind that end with me sobbing on the phone with my girlfriend while he cops cool disdain and robotically surfs sports sites.
Teaching ToleranceThe role of books in learning tolerance.
Makeup Is Not a Prerequisite for Career SuccessOver the past few months, I've read several essays linking makeup and professionalism.
Video Games Part IThe proven link between video game violence and violent behavior.
Ways to lose your baby weightI was one of those naïve mums-to-be who thought that, even if not all my pregnancy weight gain would 'just drop off' after the birth, I would lose a good chunk of the baby weight.