Breakfast muffins for Mother’s Day
These easy-to-make berry and white chocolate muffins can be made the day before Mother’s Day, ready to plate up for a quick breakfast in bed treat.
Serve them with a dollop of Greek yogurt or fromage frais.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 300g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp Nielsen-Masse Vanilla Bean Paste
- 225ml milk
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- 100g white chocolate chips
- 200g raspberries
- 100g blueberries
1. Heat oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas Mark 4. Line a muffin tray with paper cases.
2. Sift flour and baking powder into large bowl and stir in sugar.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together egg, Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Bean Paste, milk and melted butter. Stir the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and beat until smooth. Fold in the white chocolate chips and half the fruit.
4. Fill each muffin case with mixture. Bake for 30 minutes until golden. Leave to cool.
5. Using a fork smash the rest of the berries roughly and spoon them on top of the warm muffins.
Do Mixed - Age Classes Work?Discover why mixed-age grouping in classrooms can increase learning.
How You Can Help Your Baby Develop a Secure AttachmentExperts will extol the virtues of your baby having a secure attachment, but what does this really mean?
The new kid: Advice if your child is changing schoolsIt's back to school time - but will your child be going back to the same school?
Getting Along with OthersLearn to use the Nurture and Control approach to lead your children in getting along with others.
Peer Helper ProgramsTeach teens how to really listen to each other and to be bridges to professional assistance.
Constipation during pregnancy: It's a pain in the arse!If you've ever had it really badly, you'll know what a pain in the er, bum, constipation can be.