Breakfast muffins for Mother’s Day
These easy-to-make berry and white chocolate muffins can be made the day before Mother’s Day, ready to plate up for a quick breakfast in bed treat.
Serve them with a dollop of Greek yogurt or fromage frais.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 300g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp Nielsen-Masse Vanilla Bean Paste
- 225ml milk
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- 100g white chocolate chips
- 200g raspberries
- 100g blueberries
1. Heat oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas Mark 4. Line a muffin tray with paper cases.
2. Sift flour and baking powder into large bowl and stir in sugar.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together egg, Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Bean Paste, milk and melted butter. Stir the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and beat until smooth. Fold in the white chocolate chips and half the fruit.
4. Fill each muffin case with mixture. Bake for 30 minutes until golden. Leave to cool.
5. Using a fork smash the rest of the berries roughly and spoon them on top of the warm muffins.
Men who smoke before becoming dads increase children's risk of asthmaMen who smoke before becoming dads - even if they've quit - risk increasingly the likelihood of their children developing asthma.
Should you fight in front of your kids?Few among us can say we’ve never fought with our significant other within earshot of our brood.
Crop Tops, Cutouts, and DoodlesMaren Quigley chronicles the year in show-stopping fashion, from Angelina Jolie’s surprise wedding dress to Lupita’s ice-blue Oscar gown.
Where Have All the Eyebrows Gone?AT a recent party at the downtown club China Chalet, two attendees stood out from the rest of the hipsters.
The cost of feeding your family healthy foodI know how much it costs to feed three kids.
Gangs Part IUnderstand why gangs appeal to some kids.