Breakfast muffins for Mother’s Day
These easy-to-make berry and white chocolate muffins can be made the day before Mother’s Day, ready to plate up for a quick breakfast in bed treat.
Serve them with a dollop of Greek yogurt or fromage frais.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 300g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp Nielsen-Masse Vanilla Bean Paste
- 225ml milk
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- 100g white chocolate chips
- 200g raspberries
- 100g blueberries
1. Heat oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas Mark 4. Line a muffin tray with paper cases.
2. Sift flour and baking powder into large bowl and stir in sugar.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together egg, Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Bean Paste, milk and melted butter. Stir the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and beat until smooth. Fold in the white chocolate chips and half the fruit.
4. Fill each muffin case with mixture. Bake for 30 minutes until golden. Leave to cool.
5. Using a fork smash the rest of the berries roughly and spoon them on top of the warm muffins.
How to survive a trial separation and revive a relationshipWhen my husband suggested – well, demanded, really – that we separate, I was shocked.
Homemade baby foodYou wouldn’t find it on the menu of a four-star restaurant — but, to a six-month-old, mashed ripe banana is the highest form of culinary art.
Learning about MoneyLearn how to save money and why it's important
Parent or FriendWilson McCaskill, talks about the frequently asked question - "Should I be my child's friend or parent?"
Essential tips for do-it-yourself baby foodAt its easiest, homemade baby food is as simple as peeling a banana or slicing open a ripe avocado.
Encouraging ReadingWays you can encourage the love of reading in your home.