Breakfast muffins for Mother’s Day
These easy-to-make berry and white chocolate muffins can be made the day before Mother’s Day, ready to plate up for a quick breakfast in bed treat.
Serve them with a dollop of Greek yogurt or fromage frais.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 300g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp Nielsen-Masse Vanilla Bean Paste
- 225ml milk
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- 100g white chocolate chips
- 200g raspberries
- 100g blueberries
1. Heat oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas Mark 4. Line a muffin tray with paper cases.
2. Sift flour and baking powder into large bowl and stir in sugar.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together egg, Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Bean Paste, milk and melted butter. Stir the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and beat until smooth. Fold in the white chocolate chips and half the fruit.
4. Fill each muffin case with mixture. Bake for 30 minutes until golden. Leave to cool.
5. Using a fork smash the rest of the berries roughly and spoon them on top of the warm muffins.
Train Your Kids to Follow Specific Protocols When Working from Home
Kids have a knack for demanding attention at the worst moments, especially for the parent who works from home.
Evolving Beyond Authoritarian and Permissive ParentingHow can we teach discipline to our children without punishments or rewards?
White chocolate and apricot stollenWhite chocolate and apricot stollen This stollen makes a lovely edible Christmas gift.
4 Mistakes Parents Make When Talking to Their Children About SexThere are few things a parent dreads more than “the talk.” Talking about sex can be uncomfortable and embarrassing.
How to keep your baby cool this summerConfused by conflicting advice on how to keep your baby cool, comfy and safe in sweltering summer temperatures?
Dropping Out - What Parents Can DoWhat parents need to know to keep kids in school.
Parent Involvement2 important ways to be involved in your child's education.