15 Things Only Moms of Daughters Understand
1. Stuffed animals multiply like Gremlins. There’s no way you actually bought the 2.7 katrillion fuzzy lions, tigers and unicorns that have taken over your 8-year-old’s bedroom—is there?!
2. Three outfit changes is just the warm-up, whether you have a toddler or a teenager.
3. Tea parties are totally adorable and surprisingly…boring.
4. Science is not a boy thing.
5. You secretly hope she wants to raid your closet one day.
6. If you’d put what you spent on cute little dresses and hair bows into a college savings account, that sh*t would be paid for.
7. There’s no point in trying to get her to put some clothes on those poor naked Ken dolls.
8. Your 9 year old wants to go on a diet—NO!
9. Of course she has to wear a skirt over her snow pants so she can look like a snow princess.
10. It’s not worth it to argue about whether pink and purple flowers match orange and red stripes if it gets her out the door on time.
11. By 12, she will roll her eyes at everything you say, but she will also hear (some of) it.
12. The day your daughter turns 13, she will basically turn into an evil, attitude-filled monster for the next few years.
13. In order to keep up with conversation, you follow Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez, and Ariana Grande on Instagram.
14. At some point they will get into your lingerie drawer and you will have to answer some high-pressure questions.
15. American Girl is not a toy—it’s a lifestyle. A lifestyle you will never escape.
The knackered mum's guide to exercise
It only took a couple of weeks into the new year for me to fail miserably to keep up with the 30 Day Ab Challenge I over-enthusiastically signed up for.
Using timesTeaching a kid to tell time is a watermark in his or her life.
Mothers and daughtersBy anyone’s reckoning, Jennifer Forbes* had a difficult childhood.
When parents disagree on parentingThere’s a reason why you’re not supposed to have a baby to save a marriage.
A Learning HalloweenThree tips to make Halloween fun and education for kids.
Italian eggy bread croque monsieur recipeThis Italianesque sandwich is really halfway between a croque monsieur and eggy bread.
DIY Felt CampfireCombine sticks from the yard with yellow and orange felt squares to craft your very own DIY campfire!