15 Things Only Moms of Daughters Understand
1. Stuffed animals multiply like Gremlins. There’s no way you actually bought the 2.7 katrillion fuzzy lions, tigers and unicorns that have taken over your 8-year-old’s bedroom—is there?!
2. Three outfit changes is just the warm-up, whether you have a toddler or a teenager.
3. Tea parties are totally adorable and surprisingly…boring.
4. Science is not a boy thing.
5. You secretly hope she wants to raid your closet one day.
6. If you’d put what you spent on cute little dresses and hair bows into a college savings account, that sh*t would be paid for.
7. There’s no point in trying to get her to put some clothes on those poor naked Ken dolls.
8. Your 9 year old wants to go on a diet—NO!
9. Of course she has to wear a skirt over her snow pants so she can look like a snow princess.
10. It’s not worth it to argue about whether pink and purple flowers match orange and red stripes if it gets her out the door on time.
11. By 12, she will roll her eyes at everything you say, but she will also hear (some of) it.
12. The day your daughter turns 13, she will basically turn into an evil, attitude-filled monster for the next few years.
13. In order to keep up with conversation, you follow Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez, and Ariana Grande on Instagram.
14. At some point they will get into your lingerie drawer and you will have to answer some high-pressure questions.
15. American Girl is not a toy—it’s a lifestyle. A lifestyle you will never escape.
Weight gain in pregnancyIt's pretty obvious that at a time when you are growing another human being inside your body, you are going to gain a few pounds – but how much is too much?
Teaching ToleranceThe role of books in learning tolerance.
Helping Girls Get ActiveOne of the best ways to help your daughter have a positive image of her body is to encourage her to use that body — to get active, make a mess, learn a sport.
How can we ease first-born jealousy?Our first-born is showing extreme jealousy towards the new baby.
The accidental stepmotherUntil about four years ago I was a single career woman whose life revolved around her friends and her job.
Constipation during pregnancy: It's a pain in the arse!If you've ever had it really badly, you'll know what a pain in the er, bum, constipation can be.