15 Things Only Moms of Daughters Understand
1. Stuffed animals multiply like Gremlins. There’s no way you actually bought the 2.7 katrillion fuzzy lions, tigers and unicorns that have taken over your 8-year-old’s bedroom—is there?!
2. Three outfit changes is just the warm-up, whether you have a toddler or a teenager.
3. Tea parties are totally adorable and surprisingly…boring.
4. Science is not a boy thing.
5. You secretly hope she wants to raid your closet one day.
6. If you’d put what you spent on cute little dresses and hair bows into a college savings account, that sh*t would be paid for.
7. There’s no point in trying to get her to put some clothes on those poor naked Ken dolls.
8. Your 9 year old wants to go on a diet—NO!
9. Of course she has to wear a skirt over her snow pants so she can look like a snow princess.
10. It’s not worth it to argue about whether pink and purple flowers match orange and red stripes if it gets her out the door on time.
11. By 12, she will roll her eyes at everything you say, but she will also hear (some of) it.
12. The day your daughter turns 13, she will basically turn into an evil, attitude-filled monster for the next few years.
13. In order to keep up with conversation, you follow Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez, and Ariana Grande on Instagram.
14. At some point they will get into your lingerie drawer and you will have to answer some high-pressure questions.
15. American Girl is not a toy—it’s a lifestyle. A lifestyle you will never escape.
Sweet Strawberry & Rhubarb PieIn my opinion, baking for someone is just about one of the purest expressions of love out there.
Multicultural EducationUnderstand the value of multicultural education.
Cheese strawThese beautiful cheese straws make a wonderful Christmas gift that your children will be very proud of.
Does Hard Work Pay Off?Why praising a child's IQ doesn't help self-estemm.
Makeup Is Not a Prerequisite for Career SuccessOver the past few months, I've read several essays linking makeup and professionalism.
Dad's YouTube Video Shows Reality of ParentingA lot of and ginger and I someday maybe future mother perhaps yes I'm sure that's not always right.