13 Things Your Mom Never Told You
1. She cried all the way home in the car on the way back from dropping you off at college.
2. Watching her kids have kids with attitudes is more satisfying than she ever imagined.
3. It is harder being a mom today.
4. Yes, she does have a tattoo.
5. When you were a baby, she cried almost as much as you did.
6. Her famous macaroni and cheese? Half mac, half cauliflower. (Sucker.)
7. She was the one who got the mean girl to cut it out.
8. She didn’t like lima beans either.
9. How scared she was for you when you moved away.
10. That she worries about your hair because she wishes you were still young enough for her to braid it.
11. She’ll always see a little bit of the 4-year-old you were when she looks at you.
12. She hated those jeans your wore as a teenager that looked like they were “painted on.” Oh wait, she told you that repeatedly…
13. You’re exactly like her in almost every way.
Expectations: The Self-Fulfilling ProphecyWhy parent and teacher expectations are self-fulfilling prophecies for children.
No Makeup? No Problem, Says Fashion Week's Beauty ForecastPut down the mascara, ladies.
Dealing with Angry Kids Part IITwo ways to encourage your child to deal positively with anger.
18 signs you're a brilliant parentBeginning to think you're never going to crack this elusive parenting lark?
Understanding the Diagnosis of Autism Spectrum DisorderThe diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder can be confusing.
Unpopular KidsHelp children improve negative behavior patterns before they become social outcasts.