13 Things Your Mom Never Told You
1. She cried all the way home in the car on the way back from dropping you off at college.
2. Watching her kids have kids with attitudes is more satisfying than she ever imagined.
3. It is harder being a mom today.
4. Yes, she does have a tattoo.
5. When you were a baby, she cried almost as much as you did.
6. Her famous macaroni and cheese? Half mac, half cauliflower. (Sucker.)
7. She was the one who got the mean girl to cut it out.
8. She didn’t like lima beans either.
9. How scared she was for you when you moved away.
10. That she worries about your hair because she wishes you were still young enough for her to braid it.
11. She’ll always see a little bit of the 4-year-old you were when she looks at you.
12. She hated those jeans your wore as a teenager that looked like they were “painted on.” Oh wait, she told you that repeatedly…
13. You’re exactly like her in almost every way.
5 Methods for Motivating Your Family to CleanAre you tired of nagging your kids to clean their rooms?
I'm Worried My Divorce Will Scar My Kids for Life"In all my years of practice I have never heard of a parent saying that they didn't want custody of their kids.
How to beat the middle age spreadYou swear you're not eating any more but somehow you are a stone heavier than you were last year.
Can I be pregnant and still have periods?Could I be experiencing pregnancy symptoms before I've even missed a period?
The Cookie TestJohn Medina is the author of "Brain Rules for Baby: How to Raise a Smart and Happy Child from Zero to Five."
The Power of Peer PressureWays parents can help children fight negative peer pressure by building good self-esteem.