13 Things Your Mom Never Told You
1. She cried all the way home in the car on the way back from dropping you off at college.
2. Watching her kids have kids with attitudes is more satisfying than she ever imagined.
3. It is harder being a mom today.
4. Yes, she does have a tattoo.
5. When you were a baby, she cried almost as much as you did.
6. Her famous macaroni and cheese? Half mac, half cauliflower. (Sucker.)
7. She was the one who got the mean girl to cut it out.
8. She didn’t like lima beans either.
9. How scared she was for you when you moved away.
10. That she worries about your hair because she wishes you were still young enough for her to braid it.
11. She’ll always see a little bit of the 4-year-old you were when she looks at you.
12. She hated those jeans your wore as a teenager that looked like they were “painted on.” Oh wait, she told you that repeatedly…
13. You’re exactly like her in almost every way.
College DropoutsWhy students drop out of college, and ways to encourage them to stay.
Exercise during pregnancy could help baby's healthA new study has found that taking exercise during pregnancy could cut the chances of having an over-sized baby who could be prone to obesity later in life.
Girls put off exercise because it's 'unfeminine' to be sweaty in front of boysSchoolgirls are turning their backs on sport because they are embarrassed to exercise in front of boys and think 'getting sweaty is unfeminine', says a report.
The Beauty BiasHow beauty influences attention and expectations in the classroom.
5 good ways to argueWhen it comes to marital battles, my partner and I have had some doozies — the kind that end with me sobbing on the phone with my girlfriend while he cops cool disdain and robotically surfs sports sites.
What Triggers Your Anger?Family life is complicated and unpredictable.