10 Things Only Mothers of Boys Understand
1. You can convince yourself that boys clothes are definitely as cute, until you see a little girl in a dress with smocking and strawberries.
2. The poop joke phase starts astoundingly young and only “ends” in the sense that your child sometimes remembers to make the jokes out of your earshot by the time he’s 13.
3. He will eventually be toilet-trained (never mind that the girls in his class have beaten him by a year).
4. Beyond a certain age, it’s a bad idea to mention the stuffed animals.
5. Daredevil playground moves are nothing compared to the hazards of normal walking around.
6. There’s nothing more adorable than a brainy, geeky little boy bursting with facts he has to tell you…all the time.
7. If daddy ever tells him that “boys can pee anywhere,” he will remember that… In aisle 3.
8. How to eradicate a stain from just about anything.
9. Hitting the bullseye is a skill that may take years of honing. #ToiletTargetPractice
10. That LEGO could teach IKEA a thing or two about wordless instructions.
Toffee apple cupcakeAn indulgent autumnal bake perfect for bonfire night parties, these spiced apple cupcakes are topped with lashings of toffee buttercream.
Does working out during pregnancy make your baby brainy?Exercise when you're pregnant...
Drinking in pregnancy: 'Half a glass of wine damages unborn baby'Experts have told pregnant women they shouldn't drink ANY alcohol after a study found that just half a glass of wine can stop their baby breathing and moving for up to two hours.
Why pregnant women should be proud of their bodiesI read Linda Aitchison's light hearted article on her horror of pregnancy photography with a sinking heart.
The best food to eat when you're pregnantEating for two during pregnancy is less about doubling your calorie intake (damnit!) and more about boosting your nutrient supplies to help with the development of your baby – as well as keeping you fit and healthy throughout the pregnancy, of course.
I Know What Causes AutismLast week I was surfing the Internet and came across a headline proclaiming autism and circumcision are linked.